Saturday, September 4, 2010

Radiance by Alyson Noel: A Book Review

Twelve-year-old Riley Bloom has finally made it to the afterlife. After a fatal car accident killed her, her parents, and her dog Buttercup, Riley was reluctant to let go of her old life. She lingered on the earth plane, staying with her older sister, Ever. But Riley's finally decided to cross the bridge and give up her old ties to earth once and for all. And she's sort of happy...at first. But the truth is, the afterlife is nothing like she expected, and she misses Ever and her old life. So when she gets a chance to return to the earth plane as a Soul Catcher, someone who leads reluctant spirits across the bridge, of course she's totally excited. But as Riley, Buttercup, and Bodhi, a possibly nerdy, but also cute boy, head towards an old English castle, Riley has no idea what she's getting herself into...

I loved this book! It was even better than Evermore, which I also enjoyed a great deal. Riley was a more interesting and likeable heroine than Ever, and the plot was more suspenseful, creepy, and engaging. I can't wait until the next one comes out in April.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10 stars

This book was read for the R.I.P Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds more interesting to me than Evermore. Perhaps I'll give it a try sometime. Perhaps not. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who knows. :) Anyway, I enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I think you would enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted here yesterday I thought but I think it disappeared :( Mainly I wanted to know if this was a sequel to Evermore or is it a new series? It sounds really good! And I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Chris about the cover. I have never seen this book before. Evermore has been everywhere, so I am surprised this one isn't, too!

    ReplyDelete