Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Joining RIP Challenge!


I'm excited to join the R.I.P. Challenge hosted by Carl. I'll be doing Peril the First, which includes reading four mystery, horror, or dark fantasy books. I have a long list of possibilities. Here they are:

1. Coraline by Neil Gaiman (re-read)
2. Night World 2 by L.J. Smith
3. Night World 3 by L.J. Smith
4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
5. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
6. Evermore by Alyson Noel
7. The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
8. Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
9. Curse of the Wolf Girl by Martin Millar
10. Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan
11. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
12. Vampire Knight Volume 1 by Matsuri Hino
13. Ruined by Paula Morris
14. Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez
15. Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz
16. Sweep: Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan
17. Stargazer by Claudia Gray
18. The 13 Best Horror Stories of all Time edited by Leslie Pockell

Thanks for hosting this challenge again Carl!

14 comments:

  1. Having a long list to choose from is a great idea. You'll surely have an option for every mood and fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! And I might even add more once I visit the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you're in!!! I'm so excited. You've got a huge, and cool, list. I look forward to seeing what you get to. I've been in the mood to re-read Coraline after reading the book about the making of the film recently. It is one of the few books of Gaiman's that I don't have on audio and would love to track down a copy of it. I should check half.com. There is a version with him reading it and one with Dawn French reading it and I'd actually love to have them both.

    thanks for joining in again Annie. Love having you and your family as part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) I've been wanting to reread Coraline for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! Rereading Coraline is a great idea :) And I'm happy to see Curse of the Wolf Girl on there too! You should totally read The Stand! It would make your mom happy :p I'm reading it right now and it's REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your pick, Annie :D The only ones I've read are Coraline and Curse of the Wolf Girl, which are of course awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be reading some for school that will definitely count, too. :) Hope you enjoy, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris--It's really big, but it does look good! And thanks again for getting me Curse of the Wolf Girl :))

    Nymeth--Thanks! :D

    Mom--Yeah. :D And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list! Blue is for Nightmares is a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well since Chris got you Curse of the Wolf Girl you had better read it! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only one of these I recognize is Coraline, so read that one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda--Yeah, it looks really good, I've read another of that author's books and loved it. :)

    DesLily--LOL yeah XD

    Dad--Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent list! I'm a huge fan of L.J. Smith myself having read those when I was growing up. I've got my 14-year-old stepdaughter reading them now, and I'm happy to report that she loves them, too.

    Good luck with RIP V!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of good selections on that list. Hope you enjoy what you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete