Thursday, September 2, 2010

Evermore by Alyson Noel: A Book Review


Since an accident claimed the lives of her mother, father, sister, and dog, sixteen-year-old Ever hasn't been the same. Not just emotionally...she now sees auras, hears thoughts, sees her sister Riley's spirit, and can tell things about a person just by touching them. She's always thought of these powers as a curse, and when a hot and mysterious new boy, Damen, shows up at school, Ever realizes that he may be the only one who can lessen her psychic burden. Because whenever she touches him, all the noise and psychic energy in her head is silenced. But freedom from her powers comes with a price, and the secrets Damen is hiding could get Ever, or those closest to her, killed.

This is the fourth Alyson Noel book I've read, and I think it was one of the best. Ever is a likeable heroine, and her friends and Riley are even more so. The concept of immortality and reincarnation that is presented in the book is unique. Ever's obsession with Damen seemed unhealthy and stalker-ish at first, and I still don't like Damen, but because of the unique ideas and engaging characters I've decided to continue reading the series. And I'm also reading a new series by the author starring Riley as the main character, which so far is exciting and enjoyable.

This book was read for the R.I.P. Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. I likely will never get around to reading this, but I've got to say it sounds better than I might have guessed. Glad you enjoyed, Annie! And I hope the rest of the series gets even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this at RIP last year and really enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that you enjoyed it as much as I did :D I've gotten the next two from the library and I'll probably read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of your blog! Keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this out from the library earlier this year and never got around to it... I am not sure if I want anymore series of this nature on the go, but your review does make it sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I borrow this book from the library at school, I read it and I like it very much

    ReplyDelete