Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teen Book Festival 2010

Saturday, I went to the Rochester Teen Book Festival at Nazareth College. There were a lot of really good authors there. Here's a list of them all:

Laurie Halse Anderson
Holly Black
Coe Booth
Robin Brande
Kay Cassidy
Lindsay Cibos & Jared Hodges (author/illustrator team)
Marissa Doyle
Simone Elkeles
Ellen Hopkins
James Kennedy
A.S. King
Daniel Kirk
Alisa Libby
Barry Lyga
Mari Mancusi
Lisa McMann
Ben Mikaelsen
Alyson Noël
Sarah Ockler
Matt de la Peña
Amy Kathleen Ryan
Lisa Schroeder
Jennifer E. Smith
Terry Trueman
Vivian Vande Velde
Martin Wilson

I saw talks by Vivian Vande Velde and Alyson Noel while I was there, and I also got some books signed at the autographing session near the end of the festival:








I also wanted to get Crank signed by Ellen Hopkins, but I didn't have enough time.

Anyway, overall I had a really fun day!

Thanks to everyone who sponsored during the Read-a-thon last year that raised money for this festival!

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Wake and Evermore are both very fun books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know how incredibly envious I am, don't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so freaking cool Annie :D Sounds like you had a great time!! And it looks like you enjoyed Wintergirls too! I would've loved to meet Anderson. I thought Wintergirls was such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you and your mom could go to the National Book Festival with me some year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great signed pages. I'm thrilled that you made out so well! I love signed books, they are just an extra little bit special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry i missed this earlier..
    wow! how terrific! I guess I have a weak spot for autographs lol.. but it's still really neat and sounds like you totally enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete